Little Dresses for Africa, founded in 2008, is a registered Christian non-profit 501c3, which sends relief to all parts of Africa and beyond, through the distribution of little dresses made by volunteers, to plant in the hearts of little girls that they are worthy.
"We're not just sending dresses, we're sending hope." Hope changes how a child sees himself. Our goal continues to be to honor the most vulnerable of God's children through our humanitarian relief.
"Our original goal, to send 1000 dresses to
the little Village of Ntcheu, Malawi, has resulted in engaging volunteers from all over the world to distribute over 8 million dresses in 87 countries.
And we're just getting started!"
- Rachel O'Neill, Founder and Director
Little Dresses for Africa
What We've Achieved
- Distribution of millions of dresses as well as "Britches for Boys".
- Established the "Dignity" program for young girls and women which includes the distribution of washable menstrual pads.
- Sent multiple 40-foot containers full of little dresses, shoes, sewing machines, tools, bicycles, Bibles, text books, school supplies, wheelchairs, medical supplies, blankets and so much more!
- Built two primary schools, The Nan Ray School of Learning in Ntcheu, Malawi, and the Jephthah School of Hope in Mataka Village in Malawi.
- Built two school master's houses for certified teachers in the Villages.
- Installed 13 wells providing clean water for over 40,000 people.
- Supplied gently used and new dresses for a Wedding Dress Rental business that helps raise money for school fees.
- Built a Distribution Center to facilitate distributions toMalawi, and border countries, such as Mozambique and Zambia.
- Built a sewing center in Malawi, Africa which supplies widows with a means to make a living for their families as well as instruction on budgeting their income.
- Developed Global partnerships outside the USA to become collection and distribution centers for LDFA.
- Provided a soccer field, equipment, and Team shirts for 27 Villages.
- Joined hands with countless dedicated supporters all over the world to support the efforts of dress distributions through mission teams and global humanitarians.